Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Say 'no' to the big international travel for now

Last year, I asked if the trip - adventurous, to places further launched, to live bigger, better and more unique experiences - is the new way of keeping up with the neighbors. Many of you said yes.

If this is true, I have my white flag and said a surrender... for now.

travel 2013 1024x588 Saying no to big international trips for now2013 - travels all the interiors, while having fun!

I love going to new places (or revisiting old places that I love). And I spent lots of time thinking, planning, scheming, economy of means to make the great awesome trip possible. Until I realized that right now, think of a great International Travel makes me feel exhausted (and broke). I blame it on imminent graduate tuition $ 25 000 fees, which must be paid in blood fluid. We have already passed upwards on a trip to Paris earlier this year for the same reasons - too little time, too little money and too much planning.

Last night I looked on my travel year 5 Plan (3 years already, in only 2 years left) and visited account, oops, I have not done one of these trips on the list! Then I calculated how much money it would take (i.e. I could do them all, and in a style if I didn't have to pay tuition fees) and although schedules and coordinate and stuff, and I decided that I will have the chance to travel, but I'm OK with not to leave the country this year. It is not as if I have not traveled or been in new places this year - I went to Savannah and then Asheville, then Seattle, all within a month. I went to the and the Northern California. I've been to New Mexico and Austin and Dallas (where I had most sport exhibition I have ever had in my life: after seeing the live matches of Mavericks, stars and Rangers) and will get later in the summer in Atlanta and Wilmington. I had a lot of fun. While I have yet to get the Turkey and Iceland and the Morocco and the Peru and the New Zealand (and would, if time and money were no problem), it was nice to take a break and travel to the Canada.

And so I think I want to stay put, the United States, for the rest of this year - a few breaks here and there, maybe we'll do a road trip in California at Christmas. I know that many people have celebrated summer travelling to exotic locations, and a part of me wants that I can do it too. But I also enjoy the idea of doing a bit of pleasure-trips, see some new American cities - and perhaps discover more of our wonderful national parks, not worrying to get visas or booking flights or pick up words in another language, not dealing with changes in time and no no no need to budget for a trip that has the flavor of "once in a lifetime."

Sometimes, it's nice to slow down just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment