Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Best perks at your workplace

My summer employer treats their employee pretty well in a lot of ways. As a result, I get to spend my summer in a gorgeous office with all sorts of amenities designed to help workers be productive and happy.


My favorite perk is the latte machine at work – it’s like a magic-box-in-a-wall that provides espresso, coffee, or latte macchiato at the push of a button. In addition to the latte machine, there is a never-ending supply of milk (0%, 2%, half-and-half), soy milk, almond milk, AND sugarfree syrup. It’s a caffeine addict’s dream. This has been great for my budget (I never buy coffee during workdays) but probably not so good for my health (I drink about 5 lattes a day!).


Like many people, I love my latte. Fortunately, because of my office I can have as many lattes as I want without succumbing to the Latte Factor (Dave Bach would be proud). A second, almost-as-awesome, perk is the abundance of fresh fruit. Not just apples and bananas, but oranges, plums, apricots, and pears. I try to have at least 1 or 2 pieces of fruit a day to try and balance out the copious amounts of caffeine ingested.

No comments:

Post a Comment